Prepare a complete spill reporting strategy!
Spill reporting decisions require immediate action, and often notifications must be made within minutes to avoid penalties. More than 100 spills are reported each day in the United States, and developing a spill reporting strategy before a spill occurs is critical to meeting the various requirements of CERCLA, EPCRA, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and others laws.
The Reporting Hazardous and Toxic Spills™ course is invaluable for anyone potentially responsible for spill reporting compliance or for the creation of practical spill reporting procedures for their organization.
Our spill course includes focused training, group discussions, real world examples, and class exercises. The course focuses on the evaluation, documentation, and notification requirements for spills under CERCLA Section 103, EPCRA Section 304, Clean Water Act navigable waters, and The Clean Air Act’s general duty clause. Organizational approaches for preparing for and planning for a release event are presented, along with strategies for dealing with overlapping and differing spill notification requirements.
A workshop is used to address typical spill estimation calculations and decision processes to apply when incomplete information on a spill event is available and immediate compliance actions and decisions must be made. Students receive bound printed course materials that serve as a useful desk reference.
You will gain a full understanding of reporting requirements and strategies for ensuring your organization is ready to navigate complex reporting requirements.
Topics Covered Include:
- Spill reporting requirements across Federal laws
- Techniques for rapid determination of spill reporting or notification
- Techniques for meeting spill reporting required time frames
- Integrating chemical management and spill notification programs
- Lessons learned from past spill events
- Correcting spill reporting errors, late reporting, and incomplete notifications
- Workshop exercise involving an expanding spill event
- On-line data resources
- Procedures to simplify spill management and follow-up notifications
- Enforcement trends
Our Continuing Education Matrix provides a summary of current professional certification credits, maintenance points, and CEUs awarded to Institute courses.