Understand how REACH requirements apply to your business!
US-based producers that market, or intend to market, products globally must understand the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) requirements of the European Union (EU) and REACH-like legislation being implemented in several Asian countries.
The REACH Compliance Manager™ course is designed for anyone challenged to comply with existing REACH requirements or interested in how similar requirements could be enacted in the United States.
This course includes presentation of the major provisions of REACH, timetables for required actions, chemicals regulated, and sources of guidance materials and computerized tools to assist US industry professionals in meeting REACH requirements. The REACH Compliance Manager™ course will also address issues such as the development of an internal program to address supply-chain issues for customers under REACH, as well as contributing information to the Substance Information Exchange Forums (SIEFs). In addition, this course will briefly cover REACH-like legislation in Asia.
You will gain a full understanding of concepts, standards, and tools necessary to confidently meet REACH requirements.
Topics Covered Include:
- Intent and scope of REACH
- How REACH applies to US Exporters
- EU regulatory structure for hazardous chemicals
- European Chemical Agency (ECHA)
- Chemicals regulated under REACH
- Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC)
- Registration dossiers and notifications
- Chemical safety reports
- Chemical exposure scenarios
- Maintaining access to EU markets and specialty materials
Take this course the same week as Hazard Communication Standard / GHS Compliance Manager (Annapolis)
- Protecting trade secret or confidential company information
- Requirements for communication within the supply chain, the SIEFs, and Consortiums
- Available compliance tools
- REACH-like legislation in Asia
Our Continuing Education Matrix provides a summary of current professional certification credits, maintenance points, and CEUs awarded to Institute courses.