Methods to calculate, document, and plan your organization’s carbon footprint!
This two-day course is designed to help businesses meet corporate or shareholder requirements and federal, state and local government agencies meet their short- and long-term requirements and achieve reduction targets. The course provides insight and methodologies for performing, evaluating, and monitoring GHG inventory efforts and gives guidance on the use of publically available calculation tools. In addition to GHG inventories, the course will review the principles and methods for developing a baseline, evaluating aspects of carbon and energy usage, including energy conservation, reducing water consumption intensity, holistic/integrated planning, sustainable building design, and sustainable procurement.
“This course has the potential to really impact the way Federal Agencies do the work of the American people.”
- Lisa Christianson, Bureau of Land Management
This class is perfect for any employee or manager responsible for compliance with Executive Order (EO) 13514 (as it pertains to carbon reduction) or a corporate mandate that requires organizations to establish an integrated strategy toward sustainability and to make reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
Topics Covered Include:
Greenhouse Gas Inventory Accounting:
- GHG Accounting Concepts and Processes
- GHG Accounting Protocols
Understanding EO 13514:
- Overview of Guidance and Technical Support Documents
- Developing an Absolute Inventory
- Parallel requirements for Federal Contractors and Suppliers
Achieving Carbon Reduction Goals:
- Developing a baseline and establishing goals
- Meeting GHG reduction requirements
- Principles and methods for advancing holistic and integrated Planning
- Principles and Methods for Sustainable Building Design to reduce carbon emissions in the built environment
- Principles and methods for reducing water consumption
- Principles and methods for sustainable, low-carbon procurement
- Principles for promoting electronics stewardship
Our Continuing Education Matrix provides a summary of current professional certification credits, maintenance points, and CEUs awarded to Institute courses.