The Premier Full-Coverage Environmental Compliance Course!
The Original Environmental Compliance Bootcamp™ is the Aarcher Institute’s most popular course because of its proven value to both those new to the environmental field and experienced professionals who want a new perspective on the full range of environmental compliance requirements. Join fellow environmental professionals and our team of instructors to study environmental requirements and learn from real-life regulatory challenges and innovative compliance strategies.
Year after year, this course has delivered solid value to environmental managers with recently expanded responsibilities and seasoned EH&S professionals in need of a refresher. This course establishes a foundation of core technical issues and breaks down the environmental legislative and rule-making processes before providing a clear and complete presentation of principle environmental regulations applicable to most facilities and organizations.
Thousands of students have attended this course and referred their colleagues to us. The Aarcher Institute presents this course throughout the country, and we hope to meet you at an upcoming offering!
What’s covered in the course?
The Original Environmental Compliance BootcampTM focuses on foundational skills and knowledge of EH&S professionals, current environmental laws and requirements, proven compliance strategies, and emerging management approaches:
- Environmental Compliance and Management Perspectives
- Evolution of US environmental laws
- Applicability and interrelationship of environmental requirements
- Enforcement principles and current trends
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- Release reporting
- Site identification, characterization, and corrective action
- Property transfer and the All Appropriate Inquiry Standard
- Hazardous and Solid Wastes
- Solid waste management
- Hazardous waste accumulation, transportation, treatment, and disposal
- Used oil management
- Universal hazardous wastes
- Lead, Asbestos, and PCB Management
- Water Quality Regulations and Permits
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting
- Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs)
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Stormwater Discharge Permitting
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention (SWPP) Plans
- Spill Prevention Controls and Countermeasures (SPCC) Requirements and Plans
- Aboveground Storage Tank Requirements
- Underground Storage Tank Requirements
- Air Emissions Permitting/Clean Air Act Compliance
- Hazardous Materials Management
- Chemical Classes and Characteristics
- Container and facility design
- Storage requirements (EPA, OSHA, NFPA, Industry Codes)
- Hazard Communication and Reporting
- EPCRA (Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act) Compliance
- Release Notification
- Annual Reports
- Hazard Communication Standard 2012 / GHS
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS)
- EPCRA (Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act) Compliance
- Natural and Cultural Resource Protection Laws
- Wetlands and Endangered Species Regulations
- NHPA Section 106 requirements
- Effects on site development and proposed projects
- Public and private sector impacts
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Applicability to private sector activities
- Federal proposed actions
- Environmental Management Strategies
- Pollution prevention assessments and strategies
- Environmental Management Systems / ISO 14000
- Voluntary environmental reporting systems
- Internal compliance auditing
- Environmental Regulatory Horizon
Who should attend?
While many of the Aarcher Institute advanced courses focus on specific environmental laws, requirements, or management strategies, providing detailed/expert instruction on those topics, our Bootcamp course provides broad coverage of environmental challenges and regulations.
This course is valuable for a wide range of professionals, including EH&S managers, environmental compliance specialists, other facility and site personnel with environmental and supply chain responsibilities, environmental consultants and engineers, as well as other professional office staff. Whether you need to review all environmental requirements to verify you are not missing anything, get introduced to the full range of environmental requirements, or take a fresh look at the current status of the regulations, this course is perfect.
What is the course format?
The Original Environmental Compliance Bootcamp TM covers a wide range of technical and regulatory information and is a rigorous 4 days. To keep the course interesting and enjoyable, the Aarcher Institute uses multiple instructors, unique breakout workshop sessions, and planned breaks. Courses are held in pleasant and easily accessible locations, and training venues are selected to allow you to escape distractions and focus on the presented material in a professional setting. All locations offer wireless service and Internet access so you can stay connected. Because our instructors teach exclusively for the Aarcher Institute, using our exclusive content, course modules are presented in logical sequences and information is not fragmented and does not overlap. Discussions among instructors and attendees explore unique environmental management challenges and proven compliance strategies. All attendees are encouraged to ask questions throughout the course.
“Course materials were excellent and well organized. All instructors were very good and knowledgeable in area of expertise and tied back to real-world experiences.”
– S. Kubilius, Hilex Poly Co
Aarcher Institute instructors cover a wide range of topics in separate training modules, each focusing on the intent of the environmental requirement, applicability, and specific physical, administrative, planning, preparedness, and training requirements. Each training module includes practical compliance strategies and open discussion.
“I will recommend to others. Intense week-long class that hits all of the high points in compliance. I feel much better prepared to deal with day to day environmental compliance issues and have a better feel for what regulators will be looking for from our agency.”
– J. Riggins, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Midwest
What does this course deliver?
The Original Environmental Compliance Bootcamp TM provides attendees with a foundation for identifying and understanding environmental requirements applicable to your organization. The course helps ensure that you will leave with a more complete understanding of the environmental regulatory framework, and with improved awareness and knowledge to prevent mistakes and minimize risks to your organization. We believe in the value of lifelong learning, and this course provides a core of environmental regulatory knowledge to prepare you for career success.
“A lot of material covered. It has provided me with several areas to look at when I get back to my facility. I am already thinking about attending some of the area specific training”
– D. Conrad, Owens Corning
Over the past five years, 2,000 students have gained a more complete understanding of environmental laws, regulations, and programs that affect your organization, how they relate to one another, and how they can be more effectively managed by completing this course by the Aarcher Institute.
When you attend this course you’ll be provided with a course binder, useful references, example documents, and other tools for your use when you return from the course; instructor reference contacts; free access to an online environmental compliance discussion forum; your notes from the presentations and discussions; and an embossed certificate.
If you maintain professional credentials requiring continuing education credits, The Original Environmental Compliance Bootcamp TM has been approved by all environmental, safety, legal, and engineering certifying bodies. Our Continuing Education Matrix provides a summary of current professional certification credits, maintenance points, and CEUs awarded to Institute courses.
Why choose this course?
We understand that you have a choice of environmental regulatory training options, including self-paced on-line slide sets, webinars, conferences, update bulletins, and instructor-led, live courses. We believe the most effective learning experience is created from live courses, where attendees are able to spend a few days focusing on a topic, guided by expert instructors presenting material in a personal and engaging manner, responding to questions, and encouraging students to share personal perspectives and experiences with one another.
This course was developed and is continually refined to adjust the topics presented and amount of time committed based on the challenges faced by todays environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) managers. Each topic includes compliance recommendations and insights created by our instructor team. The training materials in this course are owned by the Aarcher Institute and not available through any other source.
As we evolve and improve our team, we select our instructors very carefully, just as we do our course materials. Our instructors are highly qualified, practicing EH&S professionals and compliance experts who have been carefully selected based on their regulatory knowledge, relevant perspectives, professionalism, and demonstrated training ability. We are proud of our exclusive instructor team.
We look forward to meeting you at an upcoming presentation of this valuable course!
If you have any questions about this course, don’t hesitate to contact the Aarcher Institute, at 410-897-0037.