The practical approach to sustainable practices for your organization!
Environmental managers challenged to pursue organizational environmental stewardship, stakeholder engagement, and the economic prosperity of both their organizations and communities need to find a practical and achievable approach.
The Applied Sustainability for Your Business™ course is designed for environmental managers, sustainability specialists, and others responsible for achieving triple bottom line success.
“Written course materials will be a valuable reference document. Easy to translate into knowledge I can use.”
- Tom Gentner, Rockwell Collins
This unique course helps you identify the risks that your operation faces in pursuing the drivers for sustainability. You will learn how to determine the current state of your sustainability program and benchmark it against other programs. Using this gap analysis, you will be able to create a strategy to ensure a sustainable outcome for your organization. This short course will help you understand the three organizational responsibilities, and how they are interconnected.
You will learn a practical and logical approach for improving existing sustainability programs or implementing new programs.
Topics Covered Include:
- Create an operational definition of sustainability that works for your organization
- The three responsibilities; environmental, social, and economic, and how they are interconnected
- Determine the key risks for your operation that drive the sustainability effort
- Determine the current state of your sustainability efforts
- Benchmark your sustainability efforts
- Prepare a gap analysis between your efforts and the benchmarks
- Create a sustainability strategy and action plan
- Incorporate sustainability into an existing management system
- Mastering stakeholder engagement to guide your strategy
- Reporting your sustainability efforts
Our Continuing Education Matrix provides a summary of current professional certification credits, maintenance points, and CEUs awarded to Institute courses.